Our fiver usually lives on our front lawn. The fiver spent some time at Phil's Trailblazers RV
having its yearly service and the bedroom area reframed. I had Tracy from Selbys Group
(who made last year's two solid vinyl walls), add a door to each of the vinyl walls, plus I asked Tracy to make a new solid vinyl side wall with 2 large windows with detachable velcro clear panels and detachable shadecloth panels plus a wind break skirt for under the fiver.
Anyway, the fiver is all rectified and back home, being used as my 'mancave'.
- First thing I did was check the fridge by starting it on gas and then ran it on 240v, it worked beautifully.
- Turned on the gas HWS and hotplates plus griller, again all worked correctly.
- Next was to check my VAST satellite TV, it took about 30 minutes to get its act together, but eventually, it was working correctly after updating.
- In summary, all the fiver is working correctly and ready to head North.
Upto and including Saturday 2nd May I will be using the fiver as my 'mancave', and watching TV and connecting to the internet. I have to have a chilled refresher or two, just to make sure that the fridge is working correctly. Update: It is.
Wednesday 29th April
As we are not fossicking this year, I don't have to pack any of our fossicking gear. Now that we have 5 while vinyl solid 'walls' (2 end walls, 1 long side wall, 1 wind break skirt and Marg's naughty room under the bedroom), I do not need to bring a number of tarps or the long side shadecloth.
- I flushed and refilled the fresh water tank.
- As we are staying for 5 months in only 2 caravan parks, I am leaving the generator at home.
- Marg has started hanging her clothes.
I have re-organised all the contents in the outside compartments, as usual, we took more stuff than we used. Our boys were down here for a wedding about 2 weeks ago and we are taking some of their clothes and shoes back to the Gold Coast, plus one of their mates makes 'moonshine' (Home made bourbon), I believe we are taking about 24 bottles with us. It hasn't arrived yet, due on Friday. Lucky for them, I don't drink bourbon.
Thursday 30th April
With 3 days to departure, we are under control.
Friday 1st May
- Marg and I both had our 6 monthly dental and medical checkups.
- Mowed the lawns.
- Started packing the ute of the mighty Navara with Tote-Tank and ladder.
- Left our scripts at the Chemist, pick them up tomorrow. There is now a drug shortage in Melbourne, we have them.
- Marg's clothes packed.
- Fridge and Pantry packed.
With 2 days to departure, we are under control.
Saturday 2nd May
- I went riding to Station Pier and return.
- Erected the awning with all the sides as there was no wind. All worked correctly.
- Picked up our 6 months supply of drugs.
Only 1 day until we leave.
- We met Mum and Dad for our normal Saturday morning coffee and chat.
- We spent most of today just rechecking that we have everything.
- I packed my bike and attached it to the front of the fiver.
We spent some of the afternoon in the fiver, Marg was testing out the bed. It passed. I was watching Lowndesy on Foxtel. My VAST and Foxtel are working beautifully. We will be sleeping in the fiver tonight to make sure that everything is working as it should.