- Weather: It is getting cooler overnight. It was 7.5° on my outside sensor at 6:30am and warming up. At Renner Springs, it is windy but still shorts and T shirt weather.
- Wind: about 15kph.
- Daily distance travelled with fiver: 512 kms. Total towed this trip: 11,013 kms.
- Next G Mobile reception at Renner Springs: No has public phone and pay internet at the Pub.
- Next G 'Blue Toaster' reception with or without external aerial: No
- Telstra WiFi (MF-30) modem: No
I was up about 6:15am in the dark, and was first in the showers, strange about that, by 7am it was light. I woke Marg and went outside and started packing up. We left Katherine at 7:48am. First stop was at Mataranka after 107kms for a break, no fuel. Next stop was after 166kms, we stopped at Hi Way Inn for fuel, then 122kms further on, we stopped again, because a caravanner sat on my arse for 50+ kms and he was within 100 meters of me, consequently, he was causing a hassle for the odd car that wanted to pass us. He was just a pain, so we pulled into a rest area, he also pulled in and we then pulled out. hehehehe.
Next stop was at Elliott for food, but really, it is the pits of a town and all we bought were 2 cokes and 2 picnic bars. Their food just didn't look nice, definitely not looking YUMMA. We then drove non stop to Renner Springs, this place is nothing special but it has a pub, fuel, motel units and a caravan park also a 17 meter inground pool, but it was too cold to swim in and anyway, I am watching Lowndesy leading the race on lap 42 of 72, I hope he wins. We setup camp including the Satellite dish, as Marg wants to watch 'Dancing with the stars' tonight.
I missed the end of the V8s, so I don't know who won, I hope Lowndesy did, but Jamie was in front with 10 laps to go. The reason that I missed the end of the race, was while Marg was wondering around Renner Springs, she spotted a Jabiru and I had to take some photos, see below. I also saw Renner springs, the spring which gives Renner Springs its name.
Tomorrow, we are heading towards Three Ways, then turn left around the Barkly hwy to arrive in Mt Isa by Tuesday night.