What an exciting time it was getting the van! We went to the 2007 Melbourne Caravan show at Caulfield racecourse and viewed caravan after caravan after caravan. We finally settled on this one.
Trailblazers RV, Braeside, Vic 03 9588 0077.
My favourite photo at a Rest Area, about 60kms North of Winton, Qld - 9th July 2008.
Some of the important items of our van are:
- A cuckoo clock we bought at Tamborine Mountain overlooking the Gold Coast.
- 6 Lovely prints that we bought at Karanda, Cairns.
- 4 tropical fish prints that we also bought at Karanda.
- The Telecommunications Hub (modem,wireless router, My Net Fone adapter, 2 x Satellite STB (Humax and Foxtel)
- 2 laptops - one laptop between two people doesn't work.
- Slide-Out with Cafe Dining / Bed
- Slide-Out with 2 Recliner chairs, very comfy, even for me as I am 6'4"
- Plenty of space for the two of us.
- Queen Bed
- Bedside Tables
- Overhead Storage
- Reading Lights
- Privacy Curtains
- 240V Outlets
- TV Point
- 3 Burner Gas with Grill plus 1 Electric hotplate
- 12V Range Hood
- Convection Microwave
- 3 Way 186L Fridge / Freezer
- Double Bowl Sink
- Water Filter
- 240V Outlets
DINING and LIVING:
- Reverse Cycle Airconditioning
- AM/FM/MP3 radio with 2 inside speakers and 2 outside speakers (very handy).
- Reading Lights
- 15" TV, analogue, Digital, DVD combo, which also displays Satellite TV and a direct feed from my laptop.
- Washing Machine
- 12 / 240V Power Converter with Battery Charger
- 12V Interior Lights
- Gas, Smoke and CO2 Detectors
- A vacuum cleaner, so we are mad.
2008 - Marg in her seat. Laptop on her knee, watching TV.
2008 - A spacious view.
2008 - My laptop on the table, that is where I usually sit.
2008 - The entry.
2008 - Notice the cuckoo. Not Marg. The clock on the wall.
2008 - The playpen.
2008 - My work area. Notice George in the background.
2008 - The Kitchen area.
2008 - The fridge is behind the tea towel.
2008 - The bathroom. Shower is on the left.
2008 - The Laundry. The washing machine has been brilliant.
2010 - Tiny guarding Willy and our bedroom.
2010 - My area.
2010 - Marg's area.
2010 - The Kitchen.
2014 model of the Telecommunication Hub
Top left: Netgear Route for phone
Top middle: Humax VAST STB
Top Row right: 4 way switch.
Exterior of our Van.
- Hot Water Service
- Town Water Inlet
- 240V Outlet
- 15m Power Cord
- Outside Lights
- 12V Booster TV Aerial
- 2x 9Kg Gas Bottles
- 2x 100AmpH Deep Cycle Batteries
- Spare Tyre
- Electric Landing Gear
- Rear Stabilisers
- LED Lights
- Torsion Suspension
- Electric Brakes
- Adjustable Hitch
- Built in BBQ
- Length 7400mm
- Width + Awning 2300mm
- Height + Aircon 3100mm
- Fresh Water 150L
- Grey Water 110L
- Black Water 110L
- Wheels 15" Rims
My favourite photo at a Rest Area near Winton,Qld. 9th July 2008.
At Home - 6th March 2008.
Taken at METEC Towing course on 17th January 2008.
Our first Trip away - Cowes - 21st March 2008.
Rest Area near Shepparton - 2nd May 2008.
Lake Talbot Caravan Park - 2nd May 2008.
At Leighton's caravan park - Peak Hill - 3rd May 2008.
Lunch at Narrabri,NSW - 5th May 2008.
Rest area at Moree, NSW 5th May 2008.
Gundy Star CP - Goondiwindi, Qld - 5th May 2008.
Rest area at Millmerran,Qld - 6th May 2008.
Our Rig at Matilda - 27th May.
Rest stop at Miriam Vale Footy Oval.
Us at Bowen (the tide is out).
Us in Cardwell.
Just fits in.
The finished package.
Safely stored at home.
It is my 'Man Cave' when not travelling.
2014 - Entrance to Marg's secret room.
2015 - Our camp with FULL setup.
2015 - Our camp with FULL setup - Site 88 - Broadwater Tourist Park, Qld.
- Black bag on the left usually stores our rocks we find while fossicking.
- Along the back of the tray is our 60 litre Tote Tank (used to empty the shitter while staying for any length of time).
- My 1m meter ladder and clothes line is on the right.
- At the front is my shovel and tonneau for the ute. It is tied to the tray, because my original tonneau blow out while driving.
- Only the satellite dish is missing, which lays on the floor between the hitch and tailgate.
- The 2 white plastic jerry cans were used to carry water when fossicking.
Since this photo was taken, they blew out of the tray (they were tied in, but obviously, not real well).